London, July 2023 —
- Each month, the Investment Association collects detailed information about investment fund sales to UK retail savers and to institutional investors.
- The Investment Association will use Fundipedia’s modern data solution to automate and streamline the monthly collection and reporting of fund data.
- The Fundipedia solution will bring additional flexibility, improved efficiency, improved data quality and modern data security.
- IA and Fundipedia will engage members to further develop Fundipedia solution to meet future demands and create additional member value.
The Investment Association has agreed a partnership with Fundipedia, a leading data management solution for asset managers, to use Fundipedia technology to replace the current ECHOWeb fund data collection platform.
The IA and Fundipedia have a history of collaboration. Fundipedia was selected as a member of the IA Engine, the IA’s FinTech accelerator in 2020. Fundipedia and the IA also partnered to create the Common ShareClass Register. This latest project underscores both firm’s commitment to innovation and efficiency across the industry.
As a class leading data management solution for asset managers globally, Fundipedia has a reputation for consistently responding to client’s needs and industry demands. Fundipedia’s innovative data management software is trusted across the industry, including by major providers such as HSBC, LGIM, and M&G. With a growing international reputation for quality and value, Fundipedia has a proven record of innovation and adaptability to future changes.
The partnership between the IA and Fundipedia will deliver increased data flexibility, allowing IA members to share more data without disrupting current data flows. Automated data collection will eliminate manual oversight required by the IA, resulting in a more streamlined and efficient process.
Additionally, Fundipedia’s flexible reporting module will allow each IA member to create custom reports and dashboards that align with their unique requirements, thus lifting limitations on hard-coded reports present in the current ECHOWeb solution, while maintaining compatibility with existing reports.
As part of this initiative, Fundipedia will engage with the IA and its members to explore additional services and efficiencies that can be achieved following the initial launch.
Jack Knight, Deputy Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said:
“I am pleased to see the expansion of our relationship with Fundipedia, an alumni of IA Engine’s fintech accelerator programme. The partnership will bring together our expertise in fund collection and reporting with Fundipedia’s automated data management solution, and we look forward to seeing the positive impact of Fundipedia’s services on the IA and our member firms over the coming months.”
Simon Swords, Managing Director, Fundipedia, said:
“Our proven track record in service reliability and commitment to our clients and the wider industry is something we take great pride in. With our proposed solution, the IA will replace the incumbent system and gain added value through a suite of enhanced data collection and reporting features that will benefit all 200+ members.
This is a huge step on a journey Fundipedia started in 2007 to improve data management across the asset management industry by streamlining how data is managed and leveraged. We are incredibly excited to go on this journey with both the IA and its member firms.”
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact:
T: 44 (0) 845 867 2845
Lianne Henri, Head of Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Investment Association
T: 44 (0) 20 7269 4625
IA Press Office: email@example.com
About The Investment Association (IA):
- The IA champions UK investment management, supporting British savers, investors and businesses. Our 270 members manage £9.4 trillion of assets and the investment management industry supports 114,000 jobs across the UK.
- Our mission is to make investment better. Better for clients, so they achieve their financial goals. Better for companies, so they get the capital they need to grow. And better for the economy, so everyone prospers.
- Our purpose is to ensure investment managers are in the best possible position to:
- Build people’s resilience to financial adversity
- Help people achieve their financial aspirations
- Enable people to maintain a decent standard of living as they grow older
- Contribute to economic growth through the efficient allocation of capital.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US and manages 37% of all assets managed in Europe.
Founded in 2007, Fundipedia provides data software and consultancy to the asset management industry.
Used by asset managers globally, the Fundipedia platform delivers innovative technology that enables financial institutions to collect, disseminate and reconcile all their product data—providing end-to-end control and insights that drive smart business decisions. This gives our clients the confidence to meet regulatory demands with ease.
The Fundipedia team includes technology experts, asset management industry veterans, and entrepreneurial builders, connected by a common goal; to build technology solutions and provide consulting services that help clients make the most of their data.
For more information about Fundipedia, please visit www.fundipedia.com